supportmywifiext — Splash
Netgear Genie smart setup wizard is a desktop application used for the extender installation. It can run on both Mac devices and PC. You can configure your Netgear extender device / to manage home routers as well as monitor, control, and repair home networks. Make sure that your router is running with the latest firmware, as old firmware not supported all genie functions. You can easily access the Netgear Genie setup wizard via a web browser on your desktop or computer by accessing www.mywifiext. net . Once done with the Netgear genie’s installation, connect to a new extender network and enjoy seamless connectivity everywhere in your home or office.
Features of Netgear Genie Smart Setup
* Monitor and control network settings of network app.
* Access the parental control features through mobile phones.
* Monitor and control the network settings of your home through tablets or mobile phones.
* Stream music and video files through My Media in your network through mobile phones.
* Debug any issue related to the network and its settings.
* Get prints from smartphones by using Air Print compatibility to any printer.
* Secure your connection through smartphones or tablets with EZ mobile connect and QR code feature .
* Monitor WiFi Analytics Of Your Network Via The WiFi Analytics Feature.
* Monitoring Of All Guess Access In The Network.
* In-house monitoring of Guess Access in the network.
Quick Steps for Setup and Install Netgear Genie via Mywifiext.net
Netgear offers a smart setup wizard for its users to make extender installation simpler and easier, known as Netgear Genie setup or Mywifiext genie setup . Here, you get instructions to install and configure the Netgear WiFi extender. Need to Go through these steps one by one. To get started with Netgear extender setup, you need to connect your device with Genie Smart Setup Wizard. Let’s have a look at the steps.
1. Turn off your Netgear extender and modem .
2. Connect Your Modem To The Internet Port On Your Netgear Extender By Using An Ethernet Cable.
3. Use Another Ethernet Cable To Connect Your Computer To The LAN Port On Your Network Router.
4. Turn on your modem and wait for some time until the lights. Solid green.
5. Open any internet browser of your choice on your computer. Enter www.mywifiext.net or http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar of The web browser.
6. Determine the correct URL by examining the label on the Netgear extender.
7. Log In To The Extender Device By Using The Default Username And Password. The Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard Will Display On Your Screen.
8. In The Next Step, Click On The Advanced Option, And After That, Click On Setup Wizard.
9. Select Yes When You Want That Netgear Device Detects The Internet Connection. Click On Next To Continue Further. The Setup Wizard Takes Few Minutes To Detect The Internet Connection. When The Whole Process Is Completed, The “Congratulations” Message Is Displayed On the screen.
10. After that, click on Take me to the Internet to verify that your internet connection is working fine.
Instructions for Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard
Netgear extender helps in extending the range of the current wireless network of home or office. Most of the users prefer a WiFi extender to access hassle-free internet all over the house or office. Netgear Genie wizard helps in extender setup easily. Below are the on-screen installation instructions provided by the Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard.
1. Firstly, choose the WiFi network which you want to extend. Click on continue to proceed further.
2. Now, input the name for Your wireless extender network. Tap on Continue Button The.
3. Once Done With Settings, You Get The Instructions For Connecting Your Wireless Devices To The New Extender’S Network.
4. Open WiFi Network Manager On Your Mobile, Laptop, Or Desktop.
5. Select the new WiFi network. Click on the continue button to proceed further.
6. Click on the finish button to complete the setup process.
7. In the next step, unplug the Netgear extender and keep it anywhere where you like to place. .. … it
.8. Ensure that location of the Netgear extender or mywifiext is dirt-free.
9. You can also take the help of a router link LED to identify the perfect place for your extender.
Simple Steps to Download Netgear Genie Setup via mywifiext.net
Netgear Genie Setup is a desktop application that you can run on both Mac and PC. With Netgear Genie or mywifiext.net , you can manage your router. It supports a single sign-on feature Which allows you to Set login credential for Netgear accounts. You can easily connect, monitor, and control the home network from your smartphone or tablet. Download and install Netgear Genie, depending on your device. You can do several things by installing Netgear Genie.
1. Conduct a network speed test.
2. Set up a guest network for family and friends.
3. Change the SSID or password of your wireless network.
4. Set up live parental controls.
5. View a graphical map for all network-connected devices.
Unable to Install Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard?
Issues while accessing Netgear Genie smart setup wizard? Want to install Netgear Genie setup? Well, you don’t need to worry! Just follow the troubleshooting tips below to fix the problem.
1. Ensure that Netgear Extender Is Your Appropriately Connected To An Active WiFi Network.
2. Delete The Cache, Cookies, And Temporary Files From Your Web Browser.
3. Check Whether Your Computer’S Internet Connection Is Turned ON Or Not.
4. In The Next Step, Enter the login web address mywifiext.net in the updated web browser’s address bar.
5. If you are not able to install Netgear Genie, use another web browser.
6. Reboot your Netgear extender and router.
7. Make sure that you are using the latest version of firmware on your Netgear WiFi extender or mywifiext . If you are using an outdated version, then upgrade it to the latest version.
8. Reset your Netgear Extender to default settings.
Originally published at https://supportmywifiext.splashthat.com on October 26, 2016.